The Best Thing For Your Back Is “Kneeling chair”
Are you fit and healthy, but you feel uncomfortable when you sit while working?
Do you worry there are possibilities of causing long-term negative physical consequences, like pain in your back and your neck, because of the inappropriate body posture while you’re sitting?
Do you find sitting for a long time uncomfortable?
If the answer of any of this scenarios is “yes” , it is most likely that the ergonomic kneeling chair is exactly what you need.
The ergonomic kneeling chair encourages the proper sitting and improves general condition of the organism
– It provides comfort while sitting.
– It improves the posture.
– It improves blood flow to the spinal discs.
– It gives the proper spine position.
– It reduces back pain,pain in the neck and lumbar spine.
– It improves breathing, circulation and digestion.
– It improves the activity of internal organs.
– It improves digestion because of the reduced pressure on the abdominal organs.
– It tightens the muscles of the pelivis and torso.
– It reduces hips and prostate problems.
– With pregnant women it reduces the pressure on the uterus.
– It reduces the tension in muscles , joints and ligaments.
– It increases concentration and productivity.
– It increases muscular strength.
– It is eligible for all ages.
Believe it or not, the ergonomic life style excist in our lives for many years. For decades our grandmothers were founding their peace in comfortable chairs, and the millions of drivers search for comfort in their car seats on their long trips.
However, how can one know wich one is the best sitting posture for the organism and why have people only recently started paying attention to this important aspects?
People had become aware that a modern workplace can endanger their health and they have started looking for the solution. They simply merged science and design in order to adapt the space and furniture to their needs as much as possible and to have as fewer health problems as possible.
Ergonomic chair design design has been developing rapidly in past few years , especially the the one of office chairs. Employees and employers are aware of all the problems that can arise at workplace, especially if the employees’ heath is being neglected. In some countries , there are laws concerning ergonomic of furniture pieces that workers use at the workplace.
Tips to Purchase the Best Kneeling Chair
- Measures limitations: be sure the kneeling chair you are interested on has the ideal adjustments for your own measures, especially your height. You have to appropriately adjust the distance between seat and rests to avoid creating a new incorrect posture. Some kneeling chairs are designed following ANSI standards and other regulatory references on health but are not adjustable, you have to check if they are in fact fit for you.
- Warranty Policy: while these chairs are quite simple, most of them have a caster system and are meant to be assembled. Check with the retailer and the original manufacturer the details of your warranty policy if any is included. The most praised and recommended designs cost quite much and you will not want to get stuck with malfunctioning casters or hydraulic cylinders after a while.
- Quality of the Cover’s Fabrics: some might look beautiful but they also might not offer too much resistance and adherence, and these two features are quite important. The seats and knee rests are inclined and you will not want to sit in a kneeling chair whose fabrics used in the covers are slippery. Likewise, is important the fabrics are resistant and resilient because you don’t want them to break with the pressure of your knees and gluts after some years.
What you Need to Know About Kneeling Chairs
This kind of chair is more than a different concept of seat for work at desks or tables, the kneeling chairs are indicated for correcting the posture of people with problems on the lumbar and spine but each design may offer exclusive features.
What’s the deal about the design of kneeling chairs?
A kneeling chair is designed to distribute the tension your body generates when sitting in the lower part of the body rather than on your back. This kind of chair was developed during the ’70s as an alternative way for people to sit for long hours during their work shift. The idea was born in Norway and includes the use of your knees to sit alongside the glutes. When the body sit still in the curved position suggested by the chair, the spine can find naturally its own balance and correct curvature.
Won’t they be as much uncomfortable as regular chairs after long hours at your desk without a back rest?
During many years there was a polemic around the efficiency of kneeling chairs, but in 2008 new academical researches proved that, yes, the chair can correct and help deliver pains in the back after long hours sitting, so this design in fact is better for working hours. People often rely on their backs when sitting, putting all the body weight against the spine, even thought it is meant to keep the balance of the body while standing up and not as a cushion to recline when sitting, but the main issue about sitting using the spine is during working hours when we have to recline against desks or tables. The chair is especially designed for office ambient.
Is there a better design among all the models available?
That depends on the issue you are dealing with. Some designs include a lower back rest, especially developed for people with postural issues in the lower part of the lumbar, but other designs – the most traditional ones – the kneeling chair has only the seat and the knee rests. Is said that people should not rely on the inclusion of the back seat as a more comfortable version of these chairs, but it won’t help people with no problems on the lower lumbar, actually might cause a new issue if you count on that back rest to find a postural position.
Evaluate Your Needs
As you can see, kneeling chairs are not all the same and depending on your issue you will know better what is the perfect fit for you – and exactly how much you have to spend. You can also get the best indication for your problem from professionals that use these chairs during their treatments. If you do not have any health issues and is looking for a new way to sit more comfortably, no problem, you can also try a kneeling chair, but start with the most traditional design preferably.